So you want to know how to make the perfect cup of tea? Well, you came to the right place. We’re going to go over the recommended way of brewing tea but keep in mind, this is just a recommendation, feel free to brew however you like. Below, you will find a chart detailing the recommended quantities, temperatures and times for the different types of tea. You're more than welcome to modify to your liking.
How most people brew tea:
- Guess the right amount of tea to put in a mug.
- Add boiling water.
- Wait for the water to cool down enough so you don’t burn yourself when drinking it.
How you SHOULD brew tea:
- Decide what tea to drink and find it on the chart above.
- Measure the right amount of tea for the amount of water you’ll be adding.
- Put the tea into an infuser, infuser basket or whatever other cool tea making gizmo you have. You can put the tea directly into your cup but we recommend you use an infuser like the Teaze or basket like the Finum Brewing Basket.
- Heat fresh water to the recommended temperature for the type of tea you’re making.
- Pour the water into your infuser or cup and wait the recommended steeping time for your tea.
- Pour the tea liquor into a cup or take out your infuser basket/gizmo.
- Re-brew the tea again as many times as you would like but add 1 – 3 minutes every time you re-brew.
That wasn't too hard, right? We hope you enjoy your tea and if you'd like to know how to make iced tea, click here: How to Make Iced Tea